Some changes need to be made to preserve our towns. Some examples are strong rural protection and economic development integrated with land use planning.
Aspirations for our town in the future are retaining a rural character, keep farmers farming, and stopping sprawl. We need to make our towns attractive to the future generations living within them.
- How do you tell between good growth and bad growth?
- Comprehensive Plan
- Transparency or more information
- Fiscal/Economic Development Statements
- Walkable Towns
- Communities grow with the understanding of natural capital
- Regional Transportation
- Communities attract and support quality employment
- Instill a culture geared towards sustainability
- Any growth should conform to the principles of the small town
- Provide flexible economic settings
- Self-sustained communities that adopt innovative new technologies in alternative energy
- Role-models of where development has been done right
- Regional Cooperation